Hi everyone! You’re probably already familiar with POPSUGAR as the go-to source for celebrity, entertainment and style news. I have a confession: I’m kind of obsessed with pop culture/tabloids, so sites like POPSUGAR are near and dear to my heart. I love following them on Facebook/Twitter to get daily updates on the more serious issues in the world.
That’s not the main part of this post, though. POPSUGAR has branched out into TV and launched a shiny new show on the TV Guide Network, called POPSUGAR Now! Featuring things like celebrity news, fashion, premiere/events coverage, and more, I’m hoping this will be a good replacement for the old Style Network (I was so sad when they were taken over). The show also did huge coverage during the awards season- now that the season is mostly over, we can still look forward to A-list celebrity interviews and the like.
Check out the trailer below:
I’m super excited to tune in! Have you seen the show yet? If not, be sure to check out POPSUGAR Now, airing weeknights at 6/5c on TVGN.
Find your TVGN channel here!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about POPSUGAR NOW, all opinions are my own.
Spring is welcomed with opened arms at this time of the year. Anything that reminds me of warmer weather, anything at all, is a breath of fresh air from this bitterly cold winter! We’re having a 40-something degree weather day today, so I thought it was timely to share some of my much-loved nail colors for spring- five, in fact.
Without further ado, keep reading to see more photos and swatches of my top 5 nail polish picks for springtime!
1. Milani Showy Sea Green- This is a pretty green to try if you typically shy away from the color- it’s not too bright or loud. It’s almost kermit green, but toned down a notch. I actually just picked this up (it’s a new addition to Milani’s permanent line) and am already obsessed! Formula is fantastic and covers perfectly in two coats.
2. Zoya Tru- Tru is a gorgeous purple with golden shimmer. I love purples in the springtime, for whatever reason- they’re that perfect in-between seasons color. The brush on these polishes is great (precise enough to work around the cuticle), and the formula, too: it’s opaque in two easy coats. See more swatches of this one HERE!
3. OPI Don’t Pretzel My Buttons- I’ve talked about this several times on my blog already (see THIS post for more swatches), so you know it’s a favorite! This is my go-to nude polish for many reasons: the color is a great “mannequin hands” shade on my skin, the formula is flawless, plus I always get several days of wear. Would recommend over and over.
4. Sinful Colors Cream Soda- Cream Soda is another newbie to my collection, but just as lovely as other Sinful Colors polishes I’ve tried. It’s a not-too-bright shade of peach- a go-to spring color for me. Plus, it’s only $1.99!
5. Julep Char- I tend to bring out navy or deep blurple nail polish in the fall AND spring, and this navy by Julep is by far my favorite. I love how flattering the ultra-glossy finish is- I just think it looks so pretty on the nail. The formula on this is kind of thick, but still manageable.
Swatches! (All swatches are two coats, no top coat.)
Left: Milani Showy Sea Green; Right: Zoya Tru
Left: OPI Don’t Pretzel My Buttons; Right: Sinful Colors Cream Soda
Those are my top 5 nail polishes for spring! Any favorites here? I’d love to know what yours are in the comments- thanks so much for reading!
What are some of your favorite nail polishes for spring?
Happy Thursday! Today I’m linking up once again with Carly and some other lovely ladies to share what I’ve been thankful for this past week.
I decided over the weekend that I really need a cat in my life… so, once I have a better grasp on where I’ll be in the months following graduation, I think I’m going to get one! That’s going to be my motivation (and reward) for finding a full-time job- I’m so excited.
Next thing I have to mention is (surprise!) regarding makeup- Tracy’s post on the upcoming Sephora+Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid collection has me lemming EVERYTHING. I’m so excited for this to launch! Check out her blog this week, as I think she’s going to be reviewing everything soon.
Currently on repeat is Lea Michele’s newest album. I’m absolutely obsessed with the song Louder, plus a handful of others. Her voice is seriously amazing (and reminds me a lot of Demi Lovato)!
If you’re following me on Instagram (I was tweeting about it, too), you might have seen a few pictures over the weekend from a photo shoot I worked on. The major project in my capstone fashion business class was to put on the photo shoot for a local magazine’s fashion spread (created by Chicago-area teens), and it was so much fun! We had a professional makeup artist and hair stylist that were seriously awesome. The models were the best, too- above are a few snapshots I took “behind the scenes.”
Lastly, I’ve been trying to eat healthier in the past few months and these homemade salads are my favorite thing. I made this one on Monday and am obsessed- it has avocado, honeycrisp apple slices, red onions, sugar snap peas, feta cheese, plus some seasonings and a balsamic vinaigrette I made. Salads can be so tasty and are so easy to put together!
What have you been thankful for this week? Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to check out the posts by Carly, Mia, Katie and Krystal to see who else has linked up!