Happy Monday, lovelies! I wanted to write up a quick post before I jet off to sleep (first day at my new job is tomorrow!)- these iPhone photos can prove it. Nope, they’re not the best, but is it just me or do they look PRETTY good for being taken with an iPhone 4S? They shall do.
Onto the nails, I’m still trying to master polka dots- since receiving this nail dotting set for my birthday, I’ve been determined to conquer them! I think I’m getting better.
Nude and glitter is one of my favorite pairings for nail art. I love a simple nude creme polish with a glitter accent nail, using the glitter in a half-moon manicure, or even doing glitter tips. The options are endless! Today, I decided to use a champagne-pink glitter to add polka dots on each nail:
I love how it turned out! I know the polka dots are hardly perfect- funny enough, they turned out more evenly spaced on my RIGHT hand (I’m right-handed). Ah well, I’ll do better next manicure.
OPI Don’t Pretzel My Buttons and Sally Hansen Style Steel (LE)
I hope you enjoyed this nude and glitter polka dots manicure! Thanks for reading, and have a great night!
Happy Friday! As mentioned in yesterday’s post, I recently took inventory of my makeup collection and rediscovered some pretty fab products I hadn’t used in awhile. I was surprised to find find a few lipsticks/stains that I once LOVED, but because of seasonal trends/preferences, they had fallen to the bottom of my makeup storage.
Since chilly weather is here to stay (I don’t even want to think about it…), I thought it would be fun to share my top 5 wallet-approved lip picks for fall! Please keep reading for mini reviews and swatches of my favorite fall lipsticks from the drugstore.
I have three storage *organizers* in which I keep my makeup. There’s a giant makeup bag that sits on my desk, full of products I use on a daily basis. Then, I have this large box full of special FX makeup, limited edition products, and other makeup/tools I don’t use too often. In my closet is a small 3-drawer organizer of makeup, and it’s kind of like a runner-up to my everyday makeup bag: it contains products I still enjoy and use on a regular basis, but not often enough to have out all the time. Yesterday, I dusted off this organizer and put to use some eye makeup I had almost forgotten about.
I absolutely love pairing cooler shades with warmer tones, and that’s exactly what I did to create these plum and gold eyes. Keep reading to see what products I used to get the look!
With all this talk about the upcoming Sephora VIB sale, I found myself making up my own little wishlist! This may come as a surprise, but I actually haven’t made it to VIB status (YET). So, I decided that even though I can’t partake in the 20% off sale, I can still dream!
Today I thought I would share a few of the things I would buy if I was a VIB. Keep reading to see what’s on my Sephora wishlist, and then make sure to let me know what YOU are planning to pick up during the sale!
2. Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O’ Blushes($36.00): I’m always tempted by blush sets that come out around the holidays. The Tarte Pin Up Girl palette/clutch was actually #1 on my list, but as it sold out online, this Benefit palette is my runner up!
4. Marc Jacobs Daisy Mini Duo($15.00): I absolutely adore both the original Marc Jacobs Daisy and its sister, Daisy Eau So Fresh. These mini bottles are the cutest (I actually one of these in Daisy), and a great way to try out fragrances without shelling out $$$ for full sizes!
5. Urban Decay Naked2 Basics($29.00): A seemingly underwhelming palette of neutrals, my Naked Basics (original) eyeshadow palette is one of my go-to’s for everyday looks. I love what they did with the Naked2 Basics, and think it would become yet another makeup bag staple.
6. OCC Stained Gloss Test Tube x3 Set – Dusk Til Dawn($19.00): I loved the 4-piece mini set of OCC lip tars that was released last holiday season! This set contains 1 clear lip primer, 1 lip brush, and 2 stained lip tars in Mein Herr and Rhythm Box. The stained finishes seem like great options for those of us who shy away from the brighter, bolder colors OCC does so well.
7. Bite Beauty Best Bite Remix($25.00): I missed out on the mini lip set Bite Beauty released last year, but I do hope to snag this one! It’s a nice mix of bold and everyday shades- plus, I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about the Bite Beauty High Pigment pencil formula.
What’s on your Sephora wishlist?
I’d love to know what YOU plan to pick up this weekend, if you’re partaking in the sale! And if you’re like me and still a Beauty Insider, feel free to share what’s on your *dream* wishlist.
Since I blogged about my Mary Poppins Halloween costume last week, I thought it would be fun to share with you photos of the look in action! In a nutshell, I was so happy with it came together. And an added bonus: the costume was functional! Chicago saw some crazy weather last Friday- it was cold, it hailed, and the winds we experienced were so strong they pushed Lake Michigan across part of Lake Shore Drive. So yeah, my umbrella came in handy.
Anyway, I only took a small number of pictures that actually turned out (it’s almost funny how unphotogenic I am- seriously, I seem to make the most awkward-looking faces when someone flashes a camera!). You’ve already seen these if you’re following me on Instagram, but I thought I would post them here, too!
My friend Yuri (pictured with me in the first photo, and again in the group shot) decided to go as “punk” Black Swan and had asked me to do her eye makeup. I dressed up as Black Swan for Halloween a couple of years ago, so I kind of remembered how to do the makeup, but I was still a bit nervous- I always worry a bit before attempting *special* makeup on my friends!
Fortunately, we all loved how it turned out. I tried to capture the full effect in the photo below, but I still think it was so much prettier in person! I did just the outline first (with black gel liner), then applied her eye makeup as usual, using silvers, purple, and black. Then, I went through and added the black “veins.” I finished it off by adding some glittery accents with a silver liquid liner!
How was your Halloween?
I’d love to hear what you dressed up as, or if you did anything fun with your night! Thanks so much for reading!