Hi and welcome to In Her Makeup Bag!
My name is Stephanie, but most people call me Steph. It's so nice to meet you! :)
A little bit about me:
- I'm 20 years old (8 months to 21.. and counting!) and a fashion business major. I go to an art school in the windy city, and I couldn't be happier where I'm at. I've moved around quite a bit and Chicago is just perfect for me at this time in my life!
- While I do have a job when I'm home from school, during the school year I don't work. This means I'm broke about 99% of the time. For this reason I love drugstore/budget beauty, and I hope my fellow student beauties who also have a tight budget can find some solace in my blog.
And, a little bit about what I bring to this blog:
- Though I'm pursuing a career in fashion, my biggest hobby is makeup. I've worked on numerous student films doing makeup (dabbled in special fx, which is a lot of fun!) and when I'm home, I work in the cosmetics department of a department store. I not only love to experiment with makeup on myself, but I get so much enjoyment out of sharing my tips/tricks with my family and friends! As amazing as makeup is, though, I really believe it simply enhances one's natural beauty. You gotta work from the inside out! All that being said, I will never claim to be any type of beauty 'guru' or professional.
- I come across a little shy and uptight in person, but I'm a goofball- my friends call me nuts on a regular basis. I try to relay a little of this in my writing because I think humor (and having fun in general) is the way to go!
- Joining the BlogHer Publishing Network was a big step for me. Making money was never a goal with my blog, but I was just so honored to be invited to the community. If you're interested, I wrote a post about it HERE so please check that out.
- One last thing: my blog would be nothing without you guys- my readers- and I truly respect and honor your opinions. I will always be 100% honest in what I post, be it a review, a deal I found, or a trick I share. So whatever it is (a sponsored product, an affiliate link, or just something I feel like blogging about), please know that I will always, always keep you informed and aware of what's going on!
Thank you so much for reading! If you have any comments or question, please don't hesitate to ask.